NBSC Group Network Program
Why Participate in NBSC Group Network?
In this day and age, any advantage you can get and/or provide to your clients and your business becomes the separator that you need to compete with larger organizations. NBSC Group has created NBSC Group Network to assist you in doing just that. Larger BSCs have a distinct advantage when it comes to providing services to a client with facilities in multiple locations. Their advantage is normally their reach. If they are large enough, they can either service those multi-location clients with regional locations they already have in place, or they can create a new location. It is very difficult to do this without the resources to accomplish it.
It is the goal of NBSC Group to level that playing field. While your business may still be in the growing stages, we want to give you the same advantages that the big BSCs enjoy. By doing this through NBSC Group, it would enable members to “play with the big boys”. To do this, it is our belief that each member will be able to call on members in another geographical location to share potential opportunity. Having said that, it is imperative that each member bidding on the original opportunity is able to insure his/her company’s reputation is protected. This is one of the many benefits NBSC group offers.
Let’s frame an example of how NBSC Group Network functions:
Imagine that ABC Cleaning is asked to respond to a request for a quote from a real estate management group with offices in Ohio, Texas, and California. The management group is soliciting bids from 7 BSCs in total, with 2 being local providers in the Cincinnati area, 2 being regional players in Ohio and Michigan, and 3 being large BSCs with a national reach.
While you may believe you have an advantage because you are local, in my time as a contract manager for a Fortune 100 company, I can attest that what we were told to look for was any provider that gave us one line of contact, leveraged buying power among multiple sites, and the consistency of service that the larger firms may offer.
Back to our example:
In submitting your bid, you have 3 choices:
- Self-operate all sites—meaning that you would have to open branches in the other states.
- Decline to bid on the sites that are not in your range.
- Sub contract the sites that are not currently in your geographical range.
Each of these options has some pitfalls:
- Self operation is expensive and can create a somewhat tenuous situation. You’d need to secure office space, hire employees, acquire resources (supplies and equipment), etc.
- Declining to bid on everything but your home territory may take you out of serious consideration for any of the prospective client’s business.
- Sub contracting may be your only feasible option. However, if you are the primary contract holder, it’s your reputation that is on the line at all times. Therefore, if you select the wrong sub to partner with, you may be at risk of not only losing the contract, but also having your reputation tarnished.
Hopefully we’ve helped you to see the advantage of operating within the power of the NBSC Group Network program. Our standardized management expectation of all members will provide you with the leverage you need to grow your business. Joining our program will ensure that your reputation will be safe, your expenses will be lower and your bid will be able to rival that of any other bidder.